Dental Fillings and Tooth bonding are a procedures in which a tooth-colored resin material( a durable plastic material) is applied and hardened with a special light,which ultimately " bonds" the material to the tooth to restore or improve person's smile.
For What Conditions Is Dental Bonding Considered?
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities )
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth.
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth's root that has been exposed when gums recede